Freeloading Phill and ...

Five Minute Meetings

So, on ones return to work this week one was required to attend an important hour of one-on-one training in some new web based software.

Having attended a group information session I knew that said web based software allowed us to:
  • log in to the site automatically
  • see an edit button if we were allowed to edit the page
  • fill in the text box and click OK to make changes

Understandably as a web coding geek of some pedigree I was looking forward to some in depth training on said web based software and, dare I dream, even some under the hood secrets.

Arriving for the meeting I discovered that the caller of the meeting was off looking for me at my non-existent desk in The Castle (I work in a completely different building (and state of mind)). Upon my instructor's return we sat, instead, at their desk and commenced the training session.


"So with the new web based software you can":
  • "log in to the site automatically"
  • "see an edit button if we were allowed to edit the page"
  • "fill in the text box and click OK to make changes"
 "Okay, we're done here. You can go now."

I did ask a few inane questions just to stretch it out to five minutes before heading back to my work, shaking my head at the waste of everyone's time.

Still on the bright side, one did feel that one was well and truly back at work...
.

No comments: