Freeloading Phill and ...

Bike rides and Salsa

This weekend past saw my once again partaking in an activity in which I had not participated in for many a long time.

Bicycle riding is the activity to which I refer and it came about due to a desire on the part of Salsa Girl to attend the open viewing of a property that she has had her eye on for quite some time.

So dutifully I donned the too-small helmet, mounted my trusty steed (a suitably manly mountain bike), and commenced the ten minute ride to our destination - my first bike ride in nigh-on 15 years.

Much to my surprise remembering how to undertake the endeavour was something one had not forgotten and turned out to be as easy as riding a bike.

On our return journey we paused for a breather and watched the entertainment of the most arrogant auctioneer I have ever seen insulting the crowd for their meagre offers of $800,000 for the featured property. Suffice to say not one bid was made after the  first one was greeted with something along the lines of "don't insult me you idiot - now is there any real bidder out there?"
Amusing stuff, although the best line came after the property was passed in and the auctioneer welcomed everyone to feel free to come up and make private offers as they (the auctioning team) were very friendly people.


My Saturday evening consisted of being taken to Salsa by Salsa Girl. One ended up having quite a good evening out despite one's outrage at the lack of corn chips and comestibles as suggested by the misleading event title.
It turns out that my Salsa Girl is quite the dance-floor spinner, and also quite a reasonable teacher being able to instruct yours truly in the fine art of beginner level Salsa - the learning of which proved to be only slightly harder than riding a bike.

Several turns on the dance floor over the course of the evening resulted in not a single episode of resurgent MAMILS or, thankfully, the much feared knee blowout.


Perhaps one should have taken up Salsa rather than soccer those scant few years ago when choosing one's social fitness activity?
.

No comments: