Freeloading Phill and ...

The Week of Anniversaries

This last week saw me celebrating not one, but two important milestones.

First up was the amazingly sudden arrival of my wooden anniversary at the library. As has become somewhat of a tradition I decided to mark the passing of these long five years of cake consumption and hard work by making another of my famous box cakes. I had been tempted to make the cake from wood as befits the anniversary but thought the better of it in the end as consuming the leftover mixture is not nearly as much fun when one is working with timber.

It all went well other than that I am yet to receive my "Long and Tireless Service" award. A puzzling development indeed and one that I shall have to take up with Supervisor Grand Chief K.


The other milestone of importance was crossing the three month barrier with Salsa Girl. This we celebrated by recreating some of our greatest moments together: the incessant rain of the weekend at Lorne, the lazy afternoons reading on the couch, re-watching some of the magnificent Collingwood finals performances, taking short rests that somehow become hours-long naps, and sundry other snippets of our time together.
In the evening we took up an offer from ElfBoy to play cards with him and his wife at their new abode at the ends of the earth. It felt like the correct way to pass the anniversary as the journey there nicely recreated the scary trip through blinding rain that had been our jaunt down to Lorne, and the piles of snacks provided at the ElfBoy household recreated the gastronomic excesses Salsa Girl and I have often found ourselves partaking in.

It all went well other than that I am yet to receive my "Short and Lazy Service" award. A puzzling development indeed and one that I shall have to take up with Salsa Girl.
.

No comments: